Thursday 5 February 2009

Second Honeymoon but MUCH better


My impending anniversary meant I was able to make last minute plans to go away with Simon when he had a business trip to Solihull. The rents stayed at our house looking after the children and we had an amazing time together. Before we left I kept pausing in the middle of my house wondering what else I needed to do before I could leave. It showed an obvious lack of experience in this area. This is the beginning of me taking more time for myself this year. I say let's do that once a month...pleeeeeease. I realised later it had been nearly 8 years since we had gone away alone. Perhaps having children grow up has its upside-a euphoric feeling when alone in a hotel with husband. Relaxation took on a new meaning.

3 comments:

"Hily" said...

I'm glad you had a lovely time- I'm trying to remember that alone time and self time is something to treasure (since the kids are indeed growing up)! The snow photos on your other post are gorgeous....we miss you guys. Maybe we'll be there in a few years to join you in the park. :-)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a chance to get away without the kids. Hope you get to do it more.

Tracy Anderson said...

Good for you! I'm glad you were able to get away and celebrate your anniversary together. I need to do that with my husband sometime too...it's been too long. I love all your pictures on your blog. I still can't get over how grown up Ainsley is. Time flys!